shabby blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lovely words of wisdom for the hopeless and decaying



I don't know who it's by but it does a hell lot of good for you when you're lost beyond hope and the impending doom oF exams looms over you:

"If you think you are beaten you are.
If you think you dare not,you don't.
If you'd like to win but you think you can't
It's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose,you're lost.
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
IT'S ALL IN THE STATE OF MIND.

If you think you're outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself
Before you can ever win a prize.

It's ALL in the STATE OF MIND."

Second year second sem of Law School has been the toughest for me yet. I've been getting crappy results from tests and it's not because I've been lazy. True i have been flitting around with friends and hanging out with them a bit more than usual but in the usual circumstances i would have juggled both well and scored good enough, even excellent grades! But this sem has seen me going frantic and floundering like a mannequin from Topsy Turvy Land. I've failed three subjects for the 1st tests, got barred from my Tilawah exam because i ddnt attend any of the oh so boring(yawn)classes( but that's not really a problem because everyone gets barred for tilawah at least once).

The only subject i did well for was Public International Law and that was because it was the only subject i actually liked and didn't fall asleep reading the large tomes of materials on it. Criminal is truly a killer. Not only am i with the most fearsome,awe-inspiring and excellent lecturer ever but there's also tremendous pressure on me(by myself and her) to score because i did well for my first criminal which i took with her husband-also a criminal law lecturer(they're like two peas in a pod-neat,particular,precise and almost clinical with professionalism when giving lectures and tutorials!).

I really really HOPE and PRAY that i do not have to repeat any of these subjects that have "FAIL" stamped all over them because i've NEVER had to repeat a subject in my life and repeating a subject, no matter how hard it was for everyone, would be the ultimate embarrassment for me. Wish me luck! Xoxoxo

-Su(bubbles slowly cease as she drowns in that mire of exams)

No comments:

Followers