shabby blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Candlelight


GET WELL SOON LITTLE LOUNAS!

I'm so worried for my little cousin Lounas...He's only 7 years old. He's a G6PD carrier.
G6PD deficiency is an inherited condition in which the body doesn't have enough of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, or G6PD, which helps red blood cells (RBCs) function normally. This deficiency can cause hemolytic anemia, usually after exposure to certain medications, foods, or even infections.

He's contracted a particularly bad bout of bacterial infection through food poisoning after going to Burma for vacation with his family. He was all excited and happy as all little energetic 7 year olds are and now instead of enjoying the trip with the rest of his siblings he's terribly sick and on IV drips at the hospital...Amongst the flummoxing bevy of medical terms thrown above my head between my dad and his contacts at Lounas' hospital I gathered that his situation, if it not handled delicately, would be fatal. Well the only thing we can do is pray and pray i shall. Still that doesn't stop me from crying constantly. And i haven't cried for a while now. Don't let me start on my aunt and mom...After all's said and done, fingers crossed, knees bent in prayer, a candlelight burning in my heart for him. Get well soon little dear! We're all waiting for you back home...

2 comments:

Ju K. said...

Poor him...
hey i wrote a post about him in my blog too...

Su Kyaw Khairun said...

Yeah i saw it...good post.

Followers