shabby blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Where's my golden ticket?




It's been a while since I last read Roald Dahl books...They're the epitome of a whangfizzdoodling gobsmacker aka a medley of everything wonderful and creative in this world. I used to remember the times when as a kid, I used to have a thumping heart eager with excitement when I got my hands on a Roald Dahl book. Charlie & the chocolate factory and Fantastic Mr Fox will always be my darlings of the lot. Ahhh some things are a classic. And Roald Dahl's books in my opinion, are the REAL classics. When was the last time you read a Dahl book and got comfortably lost in a fun alternate reality where anything seemed possible, even the most preposterous things, like the existence of say, an all access glass elevator and an entire factory of mouthwatering chocolate in amusement park style?!

Thinking of the quirky characters and the solid moral lessons in his non-presumptuous style , gives me hope and cheer on a bad day...

No comments:

Followers